Hello Friends, On this upcoming 18th August, it will be 75 years since Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose’s deadly plane crash (18th August 1945) in Taihoku airport, Taiwan.
Amazon August Quiz is Live
Plane Crash in Taihoku Airport that killed 18th August 1945
Question 2: On 18th August 1945, who was reported to be seriously injured and badly burned in a plane crash in Taihoku airport, Taiwan?
Answer: Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
Question 3: The National Sports Day in India is celebrated on 29th August, which is on the birth anniversary of which sports legend?
Answer: Dhyan Chand
Question 4: Released on 15th August 1975, which classic Hindi film's poster read 'The greatest star cast ever assembled – the greatest story ever told'?
Question 5: On August 3, 1492, who set sail from Palos, Spain, with three ships, Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria?
Answer: Christopher Columbus
And if you missed:
Question 1: What Indian city was founded by the East India Company in August 1639, when they bought a piece of land from the local Nayak rulers?
Answer: Madras (Chennai)
What happened on 18th August 1945 at Taihoku airport?
On 18th August 1945, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose was reported to be seriously injured and badly burned in a plane crash in Taihoku airport, Taiwan. he is believed to have passed away in a nearby Japanese military hospital.
Subhas Chandra Bose, popularly known as Netaji, was an Indian nationalist who is known in India for his defiant patriotism. Subhas Chandra Bose was born on 23rd January 1897 in Cuttack to Janakinath Bose and Prabhavati Devi. Bose graduated from the University of Kolkata in 1919 and then also cleared the Indian Civil Service Exam (ICS) in England.
As per common belief, Bose died in a plane crash in Taiwan on 18th August 1945 while on his way to Tokyo. The Japanese aircraft Bose was traveling in, faced a technical problem in its engine and it crashed. Bose suffered severe third degree burns and died in a nearby Japanese hospital after a few hours. However, there are dozens of theories indicating that Subhas Chandra Bose did not die on that day.
The Indian Government has declassified the documents of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. You can see those documents on netajipapers.gov.in.
List of Some Famous theories related to this Plane Crash
- Subhash Chandra Bose: The Mystery (2016)
- A documentary shown on Discovery Channel
- An attempt to unravel the secret behind the alleged death of Indian freedom fighter "Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose" in 1945 by delving into secret government files from South Asia, Russia and United Kingdom and looking into the various theories of different skilled experts.
- Link: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6248376/
- Various inquiries on the Death of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
- This section of the article describes the various inquiry committee and their findings.
- In addition to Indian committees, a report by Japanese government titled "Investigation on the cause of death and other matters of the late Subhas Chandra Bose" was declassified on 1 September 2016. which It concluded that Bose died in a plane crash in Taiwan on 18 August 1945.
- Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Subhas_Chandra_Bose#Inquiries
- Gumnaami (2019)
- Gumnaami is a film based on the Mukherjee Commission Hearings which happened from 1999 to 2005 where the three theories about Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's death were discussed and debated.
- Link: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10834986/
- Article: There was no air crash at Taihoku on August 18, 1945,
- A theory that that says there was no Air Crash
- "During the period August 14 to October 25, 1945, no evidence shows that one plane had ever crashed at the old Matsuyama Airport (now Taipei Domestic Airport) carrying Mr Subhas Chandra Bose" - Justice Mukherjee said quoting an e-mail sent by Lin Ling-San
- What is the truth behind the death of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose?
- Various angles of Netaji's death discussed on public platform Quora.
- Link: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-truth-behind-the-death-of-Netaji-Subhas-Chandra-Bose-How-did-he-disappear-What-was-the-political-scenario-at-the-time-of-his-death
In conclusion, There are various theories and documents coving different aspects of what happened on 18th August 1945. However, majority of them suggests that he died on that day. Above all, what is important is that "Netaji" is alway stay alive in our hearts as an Indian Nationalist leader who played an important role for Indian Independence.